Selected MedIC Course Topics
MedIC Course participants and facilitators address a broad range of questions that arise when making
evidence-based medicines policy decisions, including:
- Why extend coverage for medicines in health insurance
- Which groups of enrollees benefit the most from expanded medicines coverage?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of specific medicines policies?
- What is the best way to design, implement, and manage a formulary?
- How can routine medicines data be used to develop evidence-based policies?
- How can insurance schemes evaluate the effects of changes in medicines coverage?
- What are the best measures for routine monitoring of medicines policies?
MedIC Course in Manila,
Philippines, September 2007
MedIC Course in Accra,
Ghana, November 2008
MedIC Course in
Beijing, China, March 2009.
In the future, we plan for MedIC capacity building activities to
include in-person learning collaboratives and mentored
on-the-job learning, as well as web-based tutorials, on-line
interactive learning, on-site technical assistance by project
staff, and exchange visits among insurance schemes.
Last updated on January 31, 2012